Fighting For The Compensation You Deserve After Your Accident
When another driver causes an accident that results in your injury, you deserve compensation for your pain and suffering, medical bills and other costs. You can’t trust the insurance companies to look out for your best interests, but you can trust our firm.
Our founder, personal injury attorney Michael Norris, has been helping personal injury clients in the Des Moines area for 20 years. We will fight the insurance companies for the damages you need so you can focus on your recovery. At Norris Injury Law Group, we represent clients injured in all types of motor vehicle accidents, including those involving cars, trucks and pedestrians, as well as motorcycle crashes.
How Do You File A Claim After Your Car Accident?
After your accident, you may have many questions about how to file a personal injury claim. We will work with you personally to assist you with this process. The steps you need to take include:
- Contacting your insurance – You will need to contact your own insurance company first to start the claims process. They will want the other driver’s name and insurance information. Do not speak with the other driver’s insurance company without an attorney representing you.
- Seeing a doctor – If you have not seen a medical doctor already, you need to do so right away to document your injuries. Even if you think they are mild, many injuries from car accidents worsen over time, and you will need your doctor’s report as part of your claim.
- Call Norris Injury Law Group – Once you have addressed your medical issues, you should talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer. We can help you file your claim against the other driver. Iowa law requires that you begin any lawsuit within two years of your accident date.
From there, we begin the negotiating process by sending the insurance company a demand letter for the damages we think are appropriate for your case, thus beginning the negotiation process. If they refuse to settle for an acceptable amount, we will prepare your lawsuit to take to trial.
The process is not always simple and rarely quick. The more severe your injuries, the longer your case is likely to take, but for good reason. You want to make sure your claim reflects the full extent of your injury and the medical care you will need now and in the future. Severe injuries like traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries and amputations can take time for a doctor to fully diagnose and create a treatment plan.
Truck Accidents Can Be Complicated
The Des Moines area sees substantial truck traffic with Interstate-80 and I-35 passing through. When a large commercial vehicle runs into you, the damage can be quite severe, both to you and your vehicle. Your claim will also be complicated by the fact that multiple parties might be involved. These may include:
- The driver of the truck
- The driver’s employer
- The owner of the truck and/or trailer containing the goods shipped
- The company that loaded the truck
If the company claims that the truck malfunctioned, you may also have a claim against the truck manufacturer. We will navigate these possibilities for you and make sure you recover the full amount you are entitled to.
Discuss Your Case With Us
Contact our firm as soon as possible to start investigating your accident and preparing your claim. We offer free initial consultations with my no-fee guarantee, and we only charge a fee for your case if we win. You can call to schedule your appointment at 515-297-7482 or send us an email.